Dr. Tyler Hamel DC, has been treating patients for over 20 years, today he sees the frustration on their faces because it seems a lot tougher to fix their health issues today. Why does it seem to be that much harder to make a positive change in health such as get rid of pain, lose weight, increase energy, improve digestion, sleep better or just eating healthier?
Unfortunately, says Dr. Hamel, a big reason for this is that we are bombarded with social media ads about quick fix diets, weight loss, quick fix pain relief, quick fix energy, quick fix hormone balancing and more.
If you have been sucked into these traps, (as many of us have), it’s time to face the reality, there is NO QUICK FIX! When it comes to things to do to fix your health issues, removing the quick fix mindset goes a long way.
Over the past 20 years and especially the last two years, and even more so in the last 6 months since this pandemic started, people have been struggling with their health. Here is what this Kingwood chiropractor and nutritionist recommends to make a change in your health a little easier. When Dr. Hamel’s patients are doing these five things consistently, they are experiencing great results and long lasting health benefits.
- Mindset- first and foremost change your mindset from quick fix to health is a process, a journey, an adventure; there is no way around it, it just takes time. Don’t expect that any supplement, program, or diet is going to be safe, healthy and give you super quick results; that just doesn’t exist says Tyler Hamel DC.
- Take on new habits in small chunks, we have all purchased these comprehensive programs on weight loss, supplements, diet plans, exercise programs and more. You read through everything, which takes forever, and end up doing NOTHING. Little by little implement a new change in exercise, diet, mindset, meditation etc.
- Unwavering faith and belief in the process, need I say more? When taking on a new health challenge there will be ups and downs, times when you feel on top of the world and other times you feel like quitting. DON”T QUIT. 99% of people who quit end up trying the next thing and the next thing, failing over and over again, or quitting over and over again.
- Track your progress, if you are doing a new diet, exercise program, or taking a new supplement the question is: IS IT WORKING? Is doing ____ over one month/two months moving me in the direction of my goal? If it is, great, if not most likely it’s not going to work as time goes on; it is OK to dump it and move on.
- DON”T DO IT ALONE, find friends or family members that are supportive of you improving your health, that you can talk to or bounce ideas off of. Even when you have great support know that it is still going to be tough, but doing it on your own is extremely difficult and tough on your emotions.
Ok, that might seem like a lot, but don’t get overwhelmed, Dr. Hamel recommends everyone choose something small to do, say one new habit a week and remember a habit takes about 30 days to turn into a routine.
Examples of little things that patients work on to improve their health.
- wake up 30 minutes earlier than you are now
- do intermittent fasting once a week where you fast, (DONT EAT for 16 hours)
- start meditating 15 mins per day. I love using the Headspace app on my phone every morning.
- pick 4 exercises and do them for a total of 10 mins each day
- drink 1/2 your body weight in ounce of water each day
- watch a youtube video on yoga and do yoga for 20 minutes each day
- start eating less than 130 grams of carbohydrates daily, just add them up.
- start taking a multivitamin and vitamin D every day for one month and take note of the changes you see in your body and energy.
- make a list of everything you would like to do today upon getting up in the morning and check them off as you go.
- clean our your pantry and get rid of all of the processed foods…might be a lot 🙁
- finish off your daily shower with cold water for 3 minutes.
- join a group of like minded individuals, runners group, tennis group, zumba group
- start seeing a massage therapist, acupuncturist or chiropractor once a month
Remember to track your progress, JUST DO IT and don’t let any negative thoughts or negative people influence you to quit.
Dr. Hamel notes “People want to feel better, they want a long term fix, they are tired of just taking medicine, not getting to the root cause of the problem and not getting any healthier- we try and provider that at our office”
If you learned something from this article please share it with friends and family, everyone today is looking to improve their health and they just don’t know where to start, or they are just overwhelmed.
Dr. Tyler Hamel DC, ACN has been providing natural alternatives to medicine to the Kingwood, Texas and surrounding areas for over 20 years. He has treated thousands of patients naturally using chiropractic care, corrective/postural exercises and nutritional programs to get his patients well not only in the short term but long term as well.
To find out more about Dr. Tyler Hamel, what he does and what kinds of patients are coming into his office please go to:
Dr. Tyler Hamel DC, ACN, Pinnacle Health and Wellness, 3039 Woodland Hills Drive, Kingwood, TX 77339
His Office: welcomes walk-ins, accepts insurance Medicare, UHC, BCBS, Aetna, offers affordable cash plans, accepts referrals from Medical Doctors.